Statewide Policies to Integrate Storm and Sea-level Rise Risk Reduction into Decision-Making
The state has established policies to protect people, ecosystems, economies and infrastructure from sea-level rise and flooding from storms, including:
- Governor’s Executive Order B-30-15, which calls for state agencies to incorporate climate adaptation into planning and investment decisions, following guiding principles such as protecting vulnerable populations and prioritizing natural infrastructure.
- Ocean Protection Council Resolution on Sea-level Rise
- Ocean Protection Council Resolution on Implementing the Safeguarding California Plan
- Safeguarding California Plan – The coastal and ocean chapter outlines vulnerabilities, summarizes key state actions and next steps for state agencies to reduce risk from storms, erosion and sea-level rise.
- 2009 Climate Adaptation Strategy