DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call – August 25th, 2022
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
August 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Call-in option: 386-347-5053 | Meeting ID: 826 7921 5417
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, and discuss and prioritize topics for consideration by the full DCTF membership.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Public comment on non-agenda items.
- Updates involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to 2022 DCTF Election status, new CDFW positions, Risk Assessment and Mitigation Program, etc.
- Background and updates on the state’s efforts to implement line marking as a tool to better identify the source of marine life entanglements (including the origin state and fishery) and, potentially, to exclude or eliminate fisheries from confirmed, unknown entanglements.
- Continue discussions about tools that can create fishing opportunities when the risk of whale entanglements is elevated. Discussion may include but will not be limited to zonal management, regulations in other states, alternative gear, etc.
- Confirm priority topics for the fall 2022 DCTF meeting.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to the meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/