DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call – July 6, 2020
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
July 6, 2020 at 9:00 am
Listen only/call-in: (669) 900 6833 | Meeting ID: 810 701 89386
Zoom access link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81070189386
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, and discuss and consider topics that may be forwarded to the DCTF.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
2. Public comment on matters not on the agenda.
3. Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to, the status of the DCTF recommendations identified during the October 2019 in-person meeting, Oregon’s potential gear marking requirement, the Dungeness crab account, domoic acid, replacement tags, DCTF commercial fishing elections, marine life entanglements, etc.
4. Discuss and consider priority topics for the DCTF’s future agendas, including, but not limited to:
a. Ability to sell the crab caught when retrieving another persons’ gear with an in-season waiver
b. Updates to the 96-hour rule
c. Updates to the Dungeness crab commercial trap limit program to move from biannual to annual trap tags
d. Management Strategy Evaluation
5. Discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on the commercial Dungeness crab fishery, implications for the 2020-21 fishing season and beyond, and potential opportunities to address identified impacts.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
*Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/