DCTF Executive Committee Meeting – April 14, 2020
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 1:00pm
Listen only/call-in: (669) 900 6833 | Meeting ID: 232 288 639
Zoom access link: https://zoom.us/j/232288639
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, the status of DCTF recommendations, and marine life entanglements in the California Dungeness crab fishery as well as begin brainstorming on priorities identified in the 2019-21 Work Plan.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Public comment on matters not on the agenda.
- Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to, the status of the DCTF recommendations identified during the October 2019 in-person meeting, regulatory updates, active legislation, latest hearings, the Dungeness crab account, etc.
- Learn about the efforts by the California Dungeness Crab Fishing Gear Working Group and state of California to reduce marine life entanglements risk including, review recent risk assessment recommendations, California Department of Fish and Wildlife Director’s most recent determination(s), etc.
- Begin a discussion and brainstorm around a potential buy-out for the commercial Dungeness crab fishery as directed by the DCTF’s 2019-21 Work Plan.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/