DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:00am
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:00am
Call-in #: (218) 339-7804
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 792 7150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on the DCTF and EC’s schedules through 2017 and to discuss priority topics identified by the Executive Committee including permit transferability regulations, in-season gear recovery efforts, and whale entanglements.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
2. Updates on 2017 DCTF and EC’s meeting schedules and approach.
3. Discuss and develop proposals for the DCTF’s consideration to maintain the structure of the fleet including, but not limited to, transferability, such as length restrictions, documenting vessel length, etc.
4. Consider and develop proposals for the DCTF’s consideration to allow lost gear recovery options in-season including, but not limited to, a waiver permitting more than six untagged traps onboard a vessel during the season, etc.
5. Review status of whale entanglements in the California Dungeness crab fishery and discuss the progress of the Dungeness Crab Fishing Gear Working Group to implement pilot projects during the 2017-18 fishing season.
6. General public comment.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/