DCTF Meeting Agenda for Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Dungeness Crab Task Force Meeting #4
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Ukiah Valley Conference Center
Cabernet II Room
200 S School Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
- To discuss and vote on items that will populate the Dungeness Crab Task Force’s (DCTF) legislatively mandated January 15, 2015 report to the Joint Committee on Fisheries and Aquaculture, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and the Fish and Game Commission.
- To discuss and vote on items to inform the Coastal Dungeness Crab Tri-State Committee 2015 meeting.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda review
2. Review of DCTF Charter and discussion related to the function and structure of the DCTF
3. Presentation of data related to the California Dungeness crab fishery and DCTF discussion related to the Dungeness crab commercial trap limit program. DCTF discussions may include, but will not be limited to, review of commercial trap limit program to-date, changes in the fishery over the last 10 years, and implications for management, latent permits, and derelict gear retrieval options. Speakers: Christy Juhasz and Bob Farrell, California Department of Fish and Wildlife
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of recommendations related to the Dungeness crab commercial trap limit program including, but not limited to, waivers for trap tag fees, derelict gear retrieval options, changes to the transferability of tier 7 permits, future data needs and monitoring and evaluation of the commercial Dungeness crab trap limit program.*
5. Discussion of Dungeness crab tri-state issues including, but not limited to, crab quality testing protocols, modifications to the season opener, revising the presoak, the role of district 10 in the tri-state agreement, and addition of a fair-start agreement.
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of recommended Dungeness crab fishery management measures or policy statements, including season opener dates, changes to commercial fishing regulations, and future data needs.*
6. Discussion of the long-term functioning of the DCTF including, but not limited to, the need to develop an advisory committee or marketing commission.
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of a recommendation regarding the long-term functioning and/or structure of the DCTF including, but not limited to, a DCTF initiative to investigate the options for the long-term functioning DCTF and directing initial discussions around this topic to the DCTF Executive Committee or a new subcommittee.*
7. General Public Comment
8. Next steps
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the project team. Limited copies of meeting materials will be provided at the meeting and will be posted to the DCTF website as soon as they are available.
*DCTF Members may agree to postpone taking action on agendized items until subsequent meetings.
Public Participation and Comment: Members of the public will be invited to provide comment following each agenda item; an opportunity to provide public comment on non-agenda topics will also be made available on each day of the meeting. To provide public comment, please fill out a “Request to Speak” card, which will be located at the entrance to the meeting room. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/