Dungeness Crab Task Force – Meeting Agenda – March 12, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Ukiah Valley Conference Center
Cabernet II Room
200 S School Street; Ukiah, CA 95482
Monday, March 12, 2012
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda review
2. Discussion of DCTF process and approach including the requirements of SB369
3. Review revisions to DCTF charter and associated materials
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of amendments to the DCTF Charter (previously approved September 2009).*
4. Presentation and discussion of proposed regulations for the commercial Dungeness crab fishery statewide trap limit program. DCTF port and organizational caucuses and/or workgroups may be convened to refine and discuss proposed management measures.
- Presentation of DRAFT Regulations – CA Dept. of Fish and Game
- Trap Limit Program DRAFT Regulations (March 8, 2012) – CA Dept. of Fish and Game
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of recommendations to the Department of Fish and Game on its proposed statewide trap limit program regulations.*
5. General Public Comment
6. Discussion of DCTF interests and priorities over the course DCTF. Discussion may include, but will not be limited to, review of commercial trap limit program, fair-start provisions, refining sport and commercial fishery management measures, season modifications, latent permits, additional management measures, essential fishery information needs, and short- and long-term objectives for improved management. DCTF port and organizational caucuses and/or workgroups may be convened to refine and discuss proposed management measures.
7. Next steps and discussion of next meeting
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the project team.
*DCTF Members may agree to postpone taking action on agendized items until subsequent meetings.
Limited copies of meeting materials will be provided at the meeting and will be posted to the DCTF website as soon as they are available.
Public Participation and Comment: Please fill out a “Request to Speak” card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item. Speaker cards are requested and may be found at the entrance to the room. Draft meeting summaries may be accessed via the Internet approximately seven days after the meeting and will be deemed final upon approval of the DCTF.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to mailto:email@example.com 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this task force meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/