Ocean Protection Council Meeting — November 13, 2019, Sacramento
OPC Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:00 pm
Natural Resources Agency Auditorium
1416 9th Street, Sacramento, California 95814
REVISED ON NOVEMBER 8, 2019
Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair
Jared Blumenfeld, Secretary for Environmental Protection
Eleni Kounalakis, Lieutenant Governor, Chair of the State Lands Commission
Ben Allen, State Senator
Mark Stone, State Assemblymember
Michael Brown, Public Member
Jordan Diamond, Public Member
1. Moment of Silence in Memory of Adrian Dahood-Fritz
2. Welcome, Introductions and Council Member Announcements
Secretary Crowfoot, Council Chair
3. Introduction and Report from the Executive Director
Mark Gold, Executive Director
4. Report from the Science Advisor
Liz Whiteman, Executive Director, Ocean Science Trust
6. Action Item: Discussion and Possible Adoption of Investment Strategy to Minimize Whale and Sea Turtle Entanglement in Fishing Gear
Jenn Eckerle, Deputy Director
7. Action Item: Consideration of Authorization to Disburse Proposition 1 Funds – Revised on November 12, 2019
Marina Cazorla, Program Manager
7a. Resilient Ormond Beach Planning Project
7b. Big Canyon Coastal Habitat Restoration and Adaptation Project
7c. Automated Early Warning System for Harmful Algal Bloom Events in California
Items 7a, 7b and 7c each have support letters that are available upon request via email. Send requests to email@example.com specifying item of interest.
8. Action Item: Consideration of Authorization to Disburse General Funds for Marine Protected Area Monitoring and Research
Mike Esgro, Program Manager
9. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
10. Arrangements for Next Meeting and Adjournment
February 20, all day, remote coastal location TBD
Agenda items may be re-ordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Please fill out a Request to Speak card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item.
Comments may be sent by email to: COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov. Written public comment must be received by 5 pm on November 11, 2019 to be included in the materials provided to the council at the meeting. Materials received after that date will be distributed to the council at the beginning of the meeting. Oral and written comments will be accepted at the meeting.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Jenn Eckerle at (916) 654-9055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person who has a disability and requires accommodation to participate in this council meeting should contact Ms. Eckerle no later than five days prior to the meeting.