DCTF Executive Committee Meeting – April 12, 2018
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 12:00pm
Call-in #: (218) 339-7804
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 792 7150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, identify priority topics for the DCTF’s discussion in 2018, and continue discussing whale entanglements in the California Dungeness crab fishery.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Public Comment on Matters Not on the Agenda
- Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, gear recovery program design (per SB 1287), active legislation, etc.
- Discussion and consideration the DCTF’s 2018 work plan including meeting timing and schedule, priority agenda topics, and requests by DCTF Members and the public for DCTF meeting agenda topics. Begin brainstorming on proposals and tools to inform the upcoming DCTF meetings related to tri-state issues, the 96-hour rule, fair start regulations, season openers, etc.
- Continue to review the status of whale entanglements in the California Dungeness crab fishery, efforts by the California Dungeness Crab Fishing Gear Working Group, and updates on litigation and legislation related to this issue.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/