DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 10:00am
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 10:00am*
Call-in #: 1-218-844-1930
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 7927150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To discuss the current delay in the Dungeness crab fishery due to high levels of domoic acid in Dungeness crab and the status of a California lost fishing gear recovery program.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
2. Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, disaster relief efforts and the 43rd Annual Fisheries Forum.
3. Updates on domoic acid and its impact on the California Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, the status of test results and of the season opener. The ensuing discussion may include, but will not be limited to, guidance to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and others regarding potential consideration(s) for opening the commercial fishery, regular domoic acid testing as part of annual pre-season crab quality testing, domoic acid protocols, etc.
4. Review and discussion of draft legislation and other information related to the status of the DCTF’s recommendation regarding a California lost fishing gear recovery program.
5. General public comment
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* Please note the date and time of this meeting is dependent on the results domoic acid testing and is subject to change. However, the meeting is being noticed to comply with the Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act. The DCTF Admin Team will work with the DCTF Executive Committee and California Department of Fish and Wildlife to ensure adequate information is available to support a thoughtful and constructive discussion.
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/