DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:00am
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Call-in #: 1-626-677-3000
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 7927150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To discuss designing a process to begin conversations between the Dungeness crab industry, California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) and NMFS Protected Resources Division on the topic of whale entanglements.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview
2. Informational updates on topics including, but not limited to, data requests and follow up from the April 2015 EC meeting.
3. Whale entanglement discussion
a. Presentation by Dan Lawson, NMFS Protected Resources Division, to introduce the topic of whale entanglements including, but not limited to, an overview on NMFS’s role in entanglement reporting, Marine Mammal Protection Act and ESA management.
b. Discuss ideas for engaging the Dungeness crab industry on this issue.
4. Review and consideration of memo to Oregon/Washington regarding trap limit program monitoring and evaluation questions.
5. General public comment
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be unmuted during the public comment periods. To help reduce background noise when the phone lines are open, please put your individual phone on mute. If your phone does not have a mute button, hit *6 on your keypad to mute yourself. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to speak.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/