Dungeness Crab Task Force – Meeting Agenda – April 2, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Ukiah Valley Conference Center, Cabernet II Room
200 S School Street; Ukiah, CA 95482
Monday, April 2, 2012
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda review
2. Discussion of proposed draft regulations for the commercial Dungeness crab fishery statewide trap limit program, including potential clarifications of the details of the trap limit program described in SB 369.
- Trap Limit Program DRAFT Regulations (updated Mar 30, 2012) – CA Dept. of Fish and Game
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of recommendations to the Department of Fish and Game on its proposed statewide trap limit program regulations.*
3. General Public Comment
4. Continued review and discussion of DCTF short- and long-term Dungeness crab fishery management objectives and priorities. Discussion may include, but will not be limited to, review of commercial trap limit program, overlap between sport and commercial regulations, current and future sport and commercial fishery effort, season modifications, limited entry, latent permits, additional management measures, essential fishery information needs, and short- and long-term objectives for improved management and informational needs. DCTF port and organizational caucuses and/or workgroups may be convened to refine and discuss proposed management measures.
ACTION: Consideration and possible adoption of Dungeness crab fishery management objectives.*
5. Discussion of DCTF timeline, meeting schedule, and process between meetings.
Administrative vote: Consideration and possible confirmation of workgroups’ (including, but not limited to, a sport fishery workgroup, membership workgroup) tasks, responsibilities, and timelines.*
Administrative vote: Consideration and possible confirmation of a DCTF executive committee.*
6. Next steps and discussion of next meeting
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the project team.
*DCTF Members may agree to postpone taking action on agendized items until subsequent meetings.
Limited copies of meeting materials will be provided at the meeting and will be posted to the DCTF website as soon as they are available.
Public Participation and Comment: Please fill out a “Request to Speak” card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item. Speaker cards are requested and may be found at the entrance to the room. Draft meeting summaries may be accessed via the DCTF website approximately seven days after the meeting and will be deemed final upon approval of the DCTF.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this task force meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or
805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/