DCTF Executive Committee Meeting – May 25, 2023
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
May 25, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Call-in option: (669) 900-6833 | Meeting ID: 880 8372 6175
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, and discuss and prioritize topics for consideration by the full DCTF membership.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Administrative item: Discuss changes in Executive Committee participation.
- Public comment on non-agenda items.
- Updates involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to 2023 DCTF Election status, follow-up on October 2022 DCTF recommendations, Experimental Fishing Permits (EFPs), sport fishing changes, new CDFW positions, etc.
- Receive updates on the Risk Assessment and Mitigation Program (RAMP) and continue discussions about addressing whale entanglements and risk. Discussion may include but will not be limited to line marking, electronic monitoring, alternative gear, long lining gear, etc.
- Follow-up discussion from the October 2022 DCTF meeting about using a sort box and whether or not current regulations are flexible enough to accommodate current fishing practices legally.
- Confirm priority topics for 2023 DCTF and Executive Committee meetings including, but not limited to California’s preseason quality testing protocols, regulating the whales best practices guide, reintroduction of sea otters, transiting closed areas with crab onboard, vessel length measurements, and buyback.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to the meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/