14th Annual California Ocean and Coastal Amateur Photography Contest
The Thank You Ocean Campaign is joining forces with the California Coastal Commission and Fairmont Hotels of California for a second year to jointly sponsor the 14th Annual California Ocean and Coastal Amateur Photography Contest.
This contest highlights photographs that reflect the importance of our coast and ocean to Californians and the role that the California Coastal Commission, Natural Resources Agency, and the Ocean Protection Council have played in preserving our coastal and marine resources.
Entry is free and open to all amateur photographers. Entrants are encouraged to submit photos of the following subjects:
- The scenic coast and Pacific Ocean off California,
- People and the California coast, and
- California ocean and coastal wildlife.
- Contest Opens: May 29, 2012
- Submission Deadline: July 13, 2012
- Voting Deadline: July 27, 2012
- Announcement of Viewer’s Choice: Early August 2012
- Announcement of Judge’s Choice: End of September 2012
Four winners will be announced for this contest. Online voters will select a “viewers’ choice” winner, while a panel of professional photographers, naturalists, and Coastal Commission and Thank You Ocean staff will select “judges’ choice” winners for first, second, and third place.
Winners will select from the following donated prizes:
- An overnight stay in Sonoma County, courtesy of The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa.
- An overnight weekend stay in Orange County, courtesy of the Fairmont Newport Beach hotel.
- An overnight stay in San Jose, courtesy of the Fairmont San Jose hotel.
- An overnight stay in San Francisco, courtesy of the Fairmont Hotel San Francisco atop Nob Hill.
Please help us spread the word and we also invite you to submit your original photographs or vote by visiting mycoastalphoto.com.
Chief of Staff/Communications Director,
NOAA Office of National Marine SanctuariesCo-Chair, California Thank You Ocean Campaign
Ocean and Coastal Policy Analyst,
California Natural Resources AgencyInterim Co-Chair, California Thank You Ocean Campaign