DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Friday, June 30, 2017 at 1:00pm
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Friday, June 30, 2017 at 1:00pm
Call-in #: (218) 339-7804
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 792 7150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery and to discuss sunsetting Dungeness crab regulations and the short- and long-term functioning of the California Dungeness Crab Task Force (DCTF).
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
2. Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, landings fees, gear recovery program design (per SB 1287), whale entanglements, disaster relief, status of Marilley vs McCamman et. al., DCTF admin support, and the 2017 DCTF meeting and schedule.
3. Continue to discuss and prioritize sunsetting Dungeness crab regulations (e.g. limited entry, transferability, and fair start, etc.) to address important and timely issues including, but not limited to, domoic acid, whale entanglements, etc.
4. Discuss the long-term structure and functioning of the DCTF including, but not limited to, selection of alternates, elections process, term-limits, incorporation/organizational status (e.g., non-profit 501(c)(3), commission, council, etc.), long-term funding, etc.
5. General public comment.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to email@example.com or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/