DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:00am
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:00am
Call-in #: (218) 339-7804
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 792 7150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery and to discuss a fishery management proposal related to districts 6 and 7, sunsetting Dungeness crab regulations, and the long-term functioning of the California Dungeness Crab Task Force (DCTF) beyond 2019.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, gear recovery program design (per SB 1287), 44th Annual Zeke Grader Fisheries Forum, PSMFC Gear Innovations Workshop, and the 2017 DCTF schedule.
- Review of a proposal from Executive Committee Member related to modifying openers and fair-start clauses in districts 6 and 7 during times of fishery closure due to issues including domoic acid and consideration of possible amendments and/or alternative proposals.
- Review and prioritization of sunsetting Dungeness crab regulations to be discussed in detail during an upcoming DCTF meeting.
- Discussion of the long-term structure and functioning of the DCTF including, but not limited to, the potential need to reevaluate the composition of the organization, long-term funding, management of the Dungeness crab trap tag account, etc.
- General public comment
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/