DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call Friday, August 26, 2016
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Friday, August 26, 2016 at 11:00am
Call-in #: 213-226-1066
Participant Code for Public & Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 561-332-151
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on disaster relief, lost fishing gear recovery program, whale entanglements, and the Dungeness crab trap tag account, and discuss the issue of harmful algal blooms (HABs) and the long-term functioning of the California Dungeness Crab Task Force (DCTF) beyond 2017.
1. Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
2. Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery including, but not limited to, disaster relief efforts, whale entanglements, the Dungeness crab trap tag account, the lost fishing gear recovery program bill (Senate Bill 1287).
3. Updates on harmful algal blooms (HABs) (e.g., domoic acid) including, but not limited to, a potential option developed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Department of Public Health, and California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment for fishing under an advisory during future HAB events, regular domoic acid testing as part of annual pre-season crab quality testing, domoic acid protocols, etc.
4. Discussion on the long-term structure and functioning of the DCTF including, but not limited to, the potential need to reevaluate the make up of the organization, long-term funding, informing sunsetting Dungeness crab regulations, management of the Dungeness crab trap tag account, etc.
5. General public comment
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at http://www.opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/