2013 California Sea Grant State Fellowship Program
The California Sea Grant College Program is soliciting applications for the 2013 California State Fellows Program.
The State Fellows Program provides a unique educational opportunity for graduate students at California higher education institutions who are interested both in marine resources and in the policy decisions affecting those resources in California.
Modeled after the highly successful national Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship Program, the State Fellows Program provides an opportunity to acquire “on the job” experience in the planning and implementation of marine and/or coastal resource policies and programs in the state of California. The program matches highly motivated and qualified graduate students and recent graduates with “hosts” in State or Federal agencies in California for a 12-month paid fellowship ($3,333 per month).
This year, the following 12 organizations are available as hosts:
- California Coastal Commission
- California Coastal Conservancy- South Coast Program
- California Coastal Conservancy- Climate Change Policies
- California Department of Parks and Recreation, Natural Resources Division
- California Ocean Protection Council- Sacramento
- California Ocean Science Trust
- California State Lands Commission
- Delta Science Program – Independent Science Board
- Delta Science Program
- Ocean Resources Management Program, California Resources Agency
- San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
- State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality
The full request for applications with guidelines and host position descriptions are available on California Sea Grant’s State Fellows Program website at: http://www.csgc.ucsd.edu/EDUCATION/STATEFELLOW/StateFellowRFA2012-13.html
For additional information, please contact Shauna Oh, Associate Director, at (858) 534-4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
******* APPLICATION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 *******